April 5 – July 2
Feb. 8 – April 2
Jan. 11 – March 5
This is a 13-week, 13 lessons program designed to help you on your journey of becoming the cook you've always wanted to be. These 13 lessons are hosted by World-class chefs who will teach essential basic skills and techniques that through engagement, interaction and practice will empower you to be confident talented cook.
1. Set up your work space / How to read a recipe / How to safely handle food / Gather & prep your ingredients / Give yourself space to work & cook/ Clean as you go
2. How to become a cook who uses a knife safely & knows how to select the right one for each task.
3. How to become a cook who understands how to choose the correct heat source and know how it interacts with oils & butter at certain temperatures / Learn the shelf life of foods
4. Everything Eggs! A great source of protein with endless options.
5. Vegetarian Dishes - Go beyond meat and explore all the delicious plant-based options.
6. How to cook nutritious and delicious grains, rice and noodles meals.
7. How healthy canned/bottled ingredients can help create great meals - tomatoes, beans etc. / Learn how to read a label
8. How to sear meats and finish them in the oven- you don't have to have a bbq to enjoy your favourite meat
9. How to create healthy delicious salads
10. How to make and use stocks to add flavour
11. How to buy and cook fish
12. Desserts that don't need to be cooked
13. Easy bake items
•13 week programs, 1 class per week
•Each class will be 90 minutes
•Program size will be up to 12 students led by 1 Superstar instructor.
•Everything will be conducted via Zoom and recorded for safety/liability purposes
•Zoom links, recipes, shopping lists, prep and equipment lists, and instructional videos will be sent one week prior to the start of a program